Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a new year.....

All I hear about on the news is how horrible a year 2008 was. Sure...there were some pretty bad things that happened....some that even effected me but for the most part 2008 was a pretty good year for me and here is why I think that:

*I started a new business which is doing really well
*I stopped smoking (again - but this time I am going to beat my previous record of 6 years)
*I stopped getting drunk - what's the point really....it makes you make bad decisions.
*I put over $2K in my savings - it helps when you don't have credit card debt....oh...and stop smoking and getting drunk and have a lucritive business!!
*I moved from crack ho town to suburbia johnson county and I don't hate it!
*I purged some ugliness from my life - things and people!
*I spent more time with my family - we even did a girls shopping weekend to Minnesota!
* We elected a Kick-ASS new president!

I am not saying that there wasn't some sorrow in 2008:
*A couple of my favorite bands broke up....although one did get back together but....
*The lead singer and my good friend Abigail was diagnosed with Stage 3 inflammitory Breast Cancer. She's a fighter though....I think good things are in store in 2009
*Because of my move to JOCO, I have lost touch with some of my "friends". I use the "" because my Best Friend and I haven't lived in the same town for 20 years.....and we still find a way to keep our friendship. I guess things like this show you who your true friends are. "call me!"

So....as I move into 2009 I can look back and say that there was some goodness in 2008. I am so looking forwad to this new year....I think some wonderful things are going to happen - and I am going to work hard to make sure they do!

No comments: